< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.frassle.net/catfishncod" />
Catfish and Cod
Saturday, October 18, 2003
 
Hi everyone, I'm back.
(Catch of the day)

After a month and a half hiatus, I've decided to start posting again.

I debated for quite a while whether or not to give up on this blog. I have a very demanding life, and I can't keep up the posting rate that I would prefer. Not only do I feel that I have a lot to say, my significant ego would like to keep posting ten comments a day and attract a horrendous number of site visits. But my Real Life -- teaching, research, sports (playing and watching), and social engagements [Social engagements? For a graduate student? --ed. Yeah, I go out from time to time. You got a problem with that? Only if your bosses do. --ed.] keeps interrupting.

Nonetheless, I return. Because I feel passionately about the world, and its affairs, and I desperately want the world to be improved, and I think my ideas and my beliefs can make a difference in that improvement.

Foolish? Possibly. But I like to think Martin Luther, and Thomas Paine, and Salam Pax, thought in much the same way. And they succeeded. So why shouldn't I?

And so, it begins. Again.